My Blog Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

What does Earth Day mean to you?

Whether it's doing little things like composting or recycling it still makes a difference in the long run and you will feel all the better for it. Being Earth conscious for many has become a way of life in recent years. More people are recycling, composting and buying greener products. The little bit we each do makes literally a world of difference. What are some or your favorite Earth conscious things to do? For me I really like rescuing things from the trash whether it be old furniture or saving tin cans and taco liners for when I paint. As for the outdoors I have a few projects in mind using old tree branches. Also I’ve tried my hand at composting. Though getting a good batch of soil out of a mixture is the hard part. However I do live on a farm and there is a pile of manure that has turned into fantastic compote material over the years. So my garden will be very happy this year
Also here is a great site to help you locate local farmers markets. You can even do a bit of shopping for Earth friendly products........ http://www.localharvest.org

No comments:

Post a Comment